Lecturer of Business - Decision Sciences
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Lecturer of Business - Decision SciencesDepartment:
Salary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
The School of Business at University of North Texas at Dallas is the fastest-growing at the university, in each of our six majors – Accounting, Finance, General Business, Hospitality Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management and Organizational Behavior & Human Resource ManagementPosition Summary:
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for a Lecturer for a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure track, renewable appointment which will be responsible for teaching four courses (12 credit hours) per semester and providing service to the department, school and the university. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in service activities such as curriculum development, student recruiting in advisement, program assessment, committee work, and other tasks assigned by the department.Minimum Qualifications:
- An earned master’s degree in a business field with at least 18 credit hours in decision sciences or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses in decision sciences or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A Master’s degree in decision science or related discipline from an AACSB accredited school.
- Experience teaching upper-level undergraduate courses in decision sciences in both face-to-face and online formats.
- Experience using technology and learning management tools in teaching.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
- Industry experience in decision sciences or a related field.
Ability to communicateSecurity Sensitive:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University Vehicle:
F448PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines your interest, qualifications and experience for the position, contact information for three professional references, and unofficial graduate transcripts through http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. In your application letter, please mention courses you have taught as the instructor of record, if any. Applicants must be received by May 15, 2021 to receive full consideration.
For additional information contact Dr. Karen Shumway at [email protected]Quicklink for Posting: