Diagnostic Imaging Technician Assistant
Job no: 516499
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28313500 - VM-RADIOLOGY
Diagnostic Imaging Technician AssistantJob Description:
The primary role of the assistant is to support the veterinarians and veterinary technicians so they can focus on their responsibilities. Primary duties will assist the veterinary technicians, students, and doctors. As part of the patient care team it is important to communicate in a warm and friendly manner to all parties, be proactive in understanding what is happening with the patient, and ask frequently “how can I help?” All parties of the patient care team should promote teamwork within the service and with lateral services to meet the needs of our patients and effectively support team members.
Examples of this include but not limited to the following:
- Transporting and positioning for Diagnostic Imaging in small and large animal radiology.
- Properly identify patients and safely transport patient to and from diagnostic areas.
- Assist in monitoring patients while in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Use proper restraint techniques while assisting with patient handling
- Weigh patients and ensure their weight is accurate in the medical record and RIS
- Basic understanding of CPR and the assistants role
- Demonstrate the knowledge and use of ALARA in regards to radiation safety
- Help students with RIS orders and PACS use.
- Help students find answers to questions that are not in your knowledge base by redirecting them to an appropriate person.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Ensure students evaluate clinical instructors and the service while keeping results confidential
- Communicate with professional dialect maintaining a positive helpful attitude with appropriate body language.
- Direct concerns to appropriate person as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to receive feedback, positive or negative, gracefully and use it for professional growth.
Clerical and Administrative Duties
This position will act as support and back up to the program assistant and manager to ensure clerical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position needs to foster positivity, respect, and trust and be able to work independently and efficiently. Strive to build cohesive relationships among staff, students, and clients by creating a culture of dialogue and inviting thoughts and ideas to discuss.
Hospital Cleanliness and General Service Support
Responsible for not compromising and adhering to the required levels of cleanliness throughout the service while creating a safe and accident free environment. Abiding by infection control protocols is of utmost importance for the safety of our patients and staff. The overall aesthetics of the hospital area is a direct reflection on the high quality care we provide so it is important the areas are kept in pristine condition.
Examples of work include but are not limited to the following:
- Practice appropriate infection control by managing biohazardous patient care items and lab specimens appropriately
- Maintain and keep all work and break areas cleaned and organized
- Maintain equipment within room and report broken or malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate manager
- Check drugs and supplies for expiration date and stock supplies when needed
- Submit work orders as needed to the appropriate hospital personnel and notify the manager of the submission
- Ensure cages and runs including drains, grates, and doors are cleaned every day and as needed
- Sweep and mop floors
- Disinfect and clean equipment
- Take out trash and recyclables
- Assist with processing laundry as needed
- Ensure that equipment is turned off appropriately as needed.
- Ensure area is locked at the end of the day
Starting salary is $12.00 - $13.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
• Experience in veterinary medicine and/or diagnostic imaging
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Good communication skills, both verbally (telephone and person-to-person); as well as good literacy skills(ability to read and compose grammatically correct sentences) are critical to the success of this position.
• Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities and clients
• Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations
• Good computer skills
• Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations involving money
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology, veterinary medicine, medical records, and billing systems
• Ability to make timely decisions
• Ability to work within a team and perform with minimum supervision
• Ability to multitask as well as ability to set and change priorities in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
• Ability to set priorities and solve problems
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
Normal hours of operation for the service are M-F 8:00am - 6:00pm. Please list any days/hours you are unavailable to work.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift minimum of fifty pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
Advertised: 25 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time