Clinical Service Representative II
Job no: 516508
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Office/Clerical, Other
Department:34010303 - DN-PATIENT COORDINATORS
Clinical Service Representative IIJob Description:
Each coordinator is assigned approximately 21 student dentists within one TEAM with their collective patient pool of roughly 700 patients coordinate, schedule, and monitor patient care needs. This position requires continuous use of the PC, axiUm patient management program, and communications via electronic mail to accomplish daily tasks.
Specific duties include:
- Intermediary/assistant/advisor/manager for the student dentists regarding student/patient clinic schedules, patient financial accounts, student/patient relations, and student/faculty relations, managing one TEAM (of 21 student dentists) with a TEAM Leader for patient care.
- Schedule clinic chairs effectively and completely. Management of the clinic schedule to ensure all clinic chairs are filled to provide timely and appropriate care to the patients and clinical experience for dental students. Work as a team with fellow Treatment Coordinator.
- At least once per semester, direct chart reviews with all students.
- Act as liaison between student and faculty in regard to patient treatment, student progress for all student dentists within the TEAM.
- Continually track patient financial accounts throughout the student dentist's two year period in the dental clinics.
- Assist student dentists in notifying patient if accounts are not current.
- Act as liaison (either in person or by telephone) between patient and student in terms of accounts, treatment progress, updates on patient health-instances when student is not available.
- Route specific questions or problems to: appropriate faculty, TEAM Leader, department chair, or Patient Advocate regarding patient care problems for student dentist's assigned patients.
- Generate financial reports regarding patient accounts.
- Annually, complete cleared accounts of graduating seniors' patients for collection of existing balances; when necessary, refer uncollectible accounts to the Business Office Perform random audits of patient accounts and submit compiled reports to the Dean of Clinical Affairs.
- Assist student dentist with any changes in insurance policies and submissions and with verification.
- Communicate with the Business Office on a regular basis regarding Medicaidcoverage, contracts, patient payments, refunds, duplicate charges, changes in fee codes, and changing policies.
- Manage one TEAM of 21 students with roughly 700 patients; meet with student dentists and their respective faculty TEAM Leader; communicate with the TEAM Leader throughout the week; update students and TEAM Leader of clinical and schedule changes: Facilitate transfer of patients between TEAM members; manage all written and verbal communication with contact notes and attachments in patient record; conduct TEAM meetings and Morning Huddles as needed, and maintain minutes of meetings.
- Distribute survey forms, either UFCD or ADA related to patients, students, and/or faculty; Collect and process survey center; Collect data and prepare reports for UFCD Quality Assurance & Compliance(QA&C).
- Proctor Clinical Examinations (Mock Board Examinations) two times per year; Participate in Quality Assurance process of UFCD; Participate in Patient Care Coordinator Meetings every two weeks with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs; Provide coverage of fellow coordinator in the event of his/her absence. Provide coverage for other Treatment Coordinators if requested. Perform reception and mail duties on a rotating basis; Perform chart locker audits and other related duties as assigned.
$15.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant office experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent), and two years of dental clinic experience.
- Must be proficient with multi-line phone system and have communication skills to answer multiple questions.
- Must have experience handling general office equipment to include, facsimile machine, computer, copier, calculator.
- Must have skills operating a computer, and be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Multi-practitioner Dental Practice scheduling experience preferred.
Please attach your resume and cover letter for consideration.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 29 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time