Customer Service Representative
Job no: 516507
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34010302 - DN-CHART ROOM
Customer Service RepresentativeJob Description:
The College of Dentistry is looking for a Customer Service Representative who will work in Dental Records/Patient Registration, the candidate selected will be cross-trained with dental records, patient registration, and will fill in on the switchboard and the screening clinic, both administratively and clinically.
Specific duties include:
- Registering patients for 1/3 of the College including preparing for the new patients appointments.
- Gathering all demographic information, IDs, insurance information, and necessary consent forms.
- Verifying appointment information and directing patients accordingly.
- Logging use of wheelchairs and sign stands.
- Accepting payments via cash, check and charge cards.
- Running report of daily transactions against drawer and reporting all funds to the Business Office.
- Documenting inactive charts for destruction according to authorization from Records Management at UF.
- Filling in for immediate supervisor during absences.
- Assisting with various projects as needed.
$15.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Skill to use computer effectively.
- Able to take instruction from supervisor(s) and carry to satisfactory completion.
- Able to understand and apply rules, priorities, policies and procedures to daily/overall work schedule.
- Ability to establish and maintain good work relationships with faculty, staff and students.
In order to be considered, please upload your resume and cover letter.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 29 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time