Assistant Director of Academic Services - Tallahassee Campus
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Tallahassee Campus - Tallahassee, FLRemote Type N/APosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription SUMMARY/OBJECTIVETo assist the dean and faculty in managing the academic services of the campus in the areas of “records and registration,” international students, orientation and commencement, and internships & career development.Position reports directly to the Dean of the and works closely with the Registrar of the College, the Director of the International Center, and the Career Development Center. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work closely with the Office of the Registrar to support records and registration on the Tallahassee Campus
- Assist in monitoring the College’s FERPA compliance
- Manages student records in accordance with the standards recommended by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers and in compliance with all federal and state laws, statutes, rules, policies, procedures, and other requirements
- Prepares class schedules, course offerings, class rosters, and other relevant reports
- Performs program audit of student records
- Coordinates the registration procedures for all academic terms
- Issues transcripts in a timely manner (in person only)
- Reviews eligibility of students for graduation, and the collection and review of graduation applications – and submit to the main registrar’s office
- Attend meetings of the Registrar’s office in St. Augustine (as needed)
- Generates academic reports of satisfactory progress and academic honors each semester and submits to Dean. Tracks graduate completion
- Establishes first semester schedule for all incoming students
- Establishes advising worksheets and curriculum trees for each major/ cohort, and consults with faculty and students about them as necessary
These job duties are not intended to limit functions that may be assigned from time to time as required.
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled.
- Three years of experience working in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making decisions consistent with College policy
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work cooperatively with the specified constituents
- Ability to interact and develop working relationships with students
- Ability to interact with faculty and professional staff
- Proficient knowledge of a higher education enterprise Student Information System
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in order to serve others. Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language and must be able to operate a computer.
- Leadership skills
- Courteous manner in dealing with the students, faculty, staff and public
- Work well under direction and with deadlines
- Work well as team member
- Exhibit an ability to effectively communicate
- Experience working with academic services in higher education
- Proficiency in JenzabarEX or JenzabarJ1 or other similar Student Information System
- Proficiency with Jenzabar Advising Module
- Familiarity with Sybase Infomaker
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift and move files
- Must be able to lift 5 lb – 10 lb boxes
- Must be able to perform data entry
- Ability to access multi-storied buildings and multiple-level staircases
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the College has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the College’s Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here: www.flagler.edu/title-ix .