Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Senior Development Officer, Major GiftsAdvancement - Major Gifts
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, Undergraduate Experience and Major Gifts, the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts, will be responsible for Tulane's major gift program in an assigned region, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals, with a focus on securing gift commitments in the range of $100,000 to $1,000,000. This position will work closely with colleagues across Advancement including school/unit major gifts officers, reunion class officers, and alumni relations staff, with the purpose of optimizing Tulane's short-term and long-term fundraising success in the region. The position will also work closely with other departments within the Office of Advancement including Gift Planning, Stewardship, Corporate & Foundation Relations, Alumni Development Information Services, and other university relations departments throughout the university.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years' direct fund-raising or related experience in the solicitation and closing of major and multi-year annual gifts in a research university environment preferred. Transferable, related experience such as marketing, admissions, public relations, alumni relations, trust officer, or sales may be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 9 years' directly related experience.
- Experience in a research university environment.
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education.
- Ability to articulate and represent the mission and vision of Tulane University.
- Knowledge of various software systems, such as Word, Excel, and a prospect management database.