Gift Records Specialist
Gift Records SpecialistAdvancement, Campaigns and Administration
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Gift Records Specialist works as part of the AIS team supporting fundraising at Tulane University. The primary responsibility of this position is to process charitable gifts received by the university. The position requires an understanding of charitable gifts, an understanding of the biographical and financial information stored in the database: how the data is interrelated, what policies and standards are used during contribution entry, as well as an understanding of IRS regulations pertaining to gifts. The Gift Records Specialist's work influences the accuracy of the university's financial transactions and impacts fundraising effectiveness. The position works closely with all departments within the Advancement Office, departments throughout the university, and directly with donors to provide information and customer service as need or requested.Required Qualifications
1. High school diploma or equivalent degree.
2. 2 years bookkeeping, teller, financial services, or budgeting experience.Preferred Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree or some college.
2. Experience processing gifts and pledges, to include receipting and preparing gift acknowledgements.
3. Knowledge of development, fund-raising, and advancement services and functions in a higher education or complex not-for-profit environment.