Senior Associate Registrar for Technology
Senior Associate Registrar for TechnologyOffice of the Registrar
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Senior Associate Registrar is the senior member of the University Registrar's staff, and directly manages the Academic Scheduling and Technology teams, with managerial oversight over the entire Office. They also serve as the University Registrar's primary decision-making liaison with all University support units including but not limited to Academic Advising, Technology Services, Admission, Financial Aid, Campus Services, Student Affairs, etc. When new projects are approved, the Senior Associate serves as project manager, seeing each project through to its successful conclusion. They are considered an expert in Records & Registration, Curriculum, Educational & Academic Policy, Higher Education Administration, and all other aspects of a complex University Registrar's Office within a Research University. The Senior Associate uses this knowledge to advise the University Registrar on policy and strategy. Finally, the Senior Associate is empowered to represent and exercise the authority of the University Registrar, in their absence or when appointed by them, to make decisions that further the interests of the Office and the University.Required Qualifications
- Master's degree and 4 years academic support experience in a higher education setting; or Bachelor's degree and 6 years academic support experience in a higher education setting.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- Five years progressively responsible experience in a Registrar's Office strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in BANNER or related student information system.
- Knowledge of DegreeWorks, EMS, IBM Cognos, Courseleaf and/or similar software systems used to support Registrar operations.