Student-Athlete Success Intern
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-29
Job TitleStudent-Athlete Success InternAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentAthleticsProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
GRANT FUNDED, TEMPORARY POSITION. EXTENSION OF POSITION IS DEPENDENT UPON ADDITIONAL GRANT FUNDING.
Begins September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022
The Student-Athlete Success Intern is responsible for coordinating student advising, tutoring, and development needs, as well as, monitoring duties regarding academic progress and continuing eligibility of student athletes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in all aspects of academic success programming for assigned sports
- Assist with the monitoring of progress towards degree and eligibility requirements
- Monitor progress on individualized academic success plans and task lists
- Monitor student academic progress, communicating with each student regularly on a personalized basis; intervening as necessary to assist those students having difficulty.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to students to aid in their development of the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and beliefs they need to succeed in college and their careers.
- Collaborate with students' assigned academic advisor(s) to help student understand and develop a degree plan and timely graduation plan.
- Perform general administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with university, conference, and NCAA rules to ensure academic and administrative integrity.
- Assists with the Leadership Academy, Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and Responsible Lions programing
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of related experience (direct or indirect with transferable skills). Excellent organizational skills. Knowledge of NCAA, conference and institution rules, regulations and requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Physical Requirements: None.
- Other Requirements: Ability to work nights and weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in special education, counseling, higher education, education, student development, athletic administration, communications or related area.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.