A member of the University Communications and Marketing team, the Video Producer/Editor, creates content that helps elevate Miami University’s reputation and brand. The Video Producer/Editor leads all facets of video production, including but not limited to concept and storyboard development and location scouting.
The Video Producer/Editor is responsible for scheduling the planning, talent management, filming, editing, organizing, and archiving all short-form and long-form videos and video assets, from social media clips to TV commercials. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, resourceful, adaptable, efficient, collaborative, and highly-creative video storyteller, experienced in developing and pursuing original ideas that engage our audiences and support strategic University initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Creative Services and working collaboratively with colleagues across University Communications and Marketing, the Video Producer/Editor is committed to a high standard of quality and is comfortable filming and editing independently and in a group setting.
● Lead all facets of video production, including, but not limited to, concept and storyboard development, location scouting, schedule planning, talent management, filming, editing, organizing, and archiving all short-form and long-form videos and video assets, from social media clips to TV commercials to B-roll.
● Contribute to script and interview question development and conduct interviews with students, faculty, staff, and alumni, among others, for social media posts, TV commercials, digital advertisements, live events, and more.
● Organize, coordinate and plan the logistical details of video production work, including scheduling, equipment identification, location scouting, itinerary development, and more.
● Specify the staff, facilities, and equipment needed for each production, and obtain necessary copyright permissions and releases.
● Coordinate all aspects of video post-production, including selecting scenes, transitions, special effects, graphics, narration, voiceover, background music, and brand each video consistently by the University’s brand standards.
● Film and edit independently and lead production crews on larger projects.
● Contribute to strategic initiatives and objectives by developing original video concepts and initiating new video projects.
● Research and develop new techniques for conveying and presenting material within video projects.
● Work on multiple projects simultaneously, maintain deadlines, communicate consistently with supervisors and project managers and meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest quality control standards.
● Manage, maintain and organize all video equipment, including, but not limited to, cameras, lens, lighting, and audio equipment, and keep abreast of new technologies.
● Develop a system for storing, organizing, and tagging all gathered raw and edited visual assets in a consistent way that enables easy identification and access.
● Partner with the news team for video news production.
● Produces news packages for news outlets as requested by news team.
● Work closely with the Digital Marketing team to create content for and upload content to the University’s social media channels, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
● Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, at least two years of relevant experience, and a portfolio of video work.
● Demonstrated experience in all facets of video production, including concept and storyboard development, location scouting, schedule planning, talent management, filming, editing, organizing, and archiving short-form and long-form videos.
● Expert-level proficiency using video creation/editing software such as Final Cut Pro, AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc.
● Expert-level proficiency using professional video equipment, including but not limited to DSLR cameras, lenses, microphones, and audio equipment, and lighting equipment.
● Demonstrated visual composition skills with the ability to create well-lit, compelling sets and collect clear audio.
● Ability to work independently, on a team, or leading a professional film crew, maintain project timelines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
● A positive, solutions-focused, can-do attitude with a deep desire to continually learn and innovate.
● Ability to think creatively and approach a wide variety of projects from new angles.
● Ability to work extended hours beyond the typical business day, nights, and weekends as required.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.