Executive Assistant, Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence
Student Affairs and Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the student affairs division of the University of Denver. SAIE includes Housing and Residential Education, Student Engagement, Health and Counseling, Learning Effectiveness Program, Disability Service Program, Cultural Center, Student Rights and Responsibilities, New Student & Family Programs, and Access and Transitions.
We are committed to providing students with the support and skills needed to become empowered citizens that positively impact the communities they are a part of, now, and in the future. We do so by challenging student to:
- Reflect on their values and identities.
- Recognize their strengths and acknowledge areas for further growth.
- Understand the importance of needing support and seeking it.
- Cultivate their passions.
- Foster the public good.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives, this position serves as the Executive Assistant for the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE). This position will work to ensure the Vice Chancellors' daily workflow is efficient and effective for optimal organizational performance. As a critical support system for the Vice Chancellors' senior leadership team, this role will be involved in decision-making processes that require robust administrative support, confidentiality, and desire to contribute as a thought partner. Working closely with the Manager of Strategic Initiatives, this role will support with the preparations and execution of an array of divisional and campus-wide projects.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Two (2) years of relevant administrative, project management, digital communications or customer service experience.
- Experience in an academic/higher education setting.
- Experience with customer service.
- Experience in supervising and managing an organizations front desk operations.
- Demonstrate desire and ability to synthesize complex information and research into clear, succinct, and actionable formats for a given issue.
- Demonstrate desire and capacity for critical thinking, problem-solving, and generating creative solutions in dynamic organizational settings.
- Familiarity with emerging digital tools and practices that support communication, organization, and productivity.
- Familiarity with and interests in college student development and culture change theories.
- Familiarity with and interest in organizational management and change.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, May 14th, 2021 .
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.