Administrator, System, Lead
The Lead System Administrator is responsible for performing in a lead role in support of the college System Administrators and reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure and Operations (I&O). In the event of the absence of the Director of I&O, this position will report directly to the CIO.
The position will supervise two System Administrator I’s and three System Administrator II’s. In addition, this position will be responsible for completing the EPA’s for each of the aforementioned positions. In this role, the position will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the department, coordinating efforts to resolve issues and to provide direction for completion of new and existing projects, reporting and communication of the other team members. S/He will lead efforts for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of the GTCC systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. S/He will evaluate and maintain servers and systems to ensure their proper security, operation and availability. The Lead Systems Administrator will assist and lead project teams, address technical issues and offer engineered solutions supporting the college. These activities include technical strategy, research & development and maintenance within the documented project life cycle. This role will monitor systems for proper operation, system maintenance and security-breaches. S/He will follow established processes to standardize overall server management; ensuring equipment for system patches and maintenance of software/firmware in addition to assisting the Director of I&O and CIO in developing departmental policies and procedures. S/He will ensure successful backups of both files and ERP data and restore data as necessary. This position works closely with department managers throughout the college to analyze technology requirements, document specifications, and provide technical solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Master’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• MCSE, MCP, Network + , INET + preferred
• CompTIA A+ preferred
• Or other current industry certifications not listed above
• Three years of experience as a Systems Administrator
• Seven years of work experience in IT field
• Three years of experience in administering a virtual environment
• Knowledge of and familiarity with cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP system administration strongly preferred
• Experience with Ellucian products, WebAdvisor, Student Self Service, E-Commerce, Colleague Portal, UniData, and Colleague Studio.
• Windows server OS, Mac OS, Linux OS
• Demonstrated knowledge in network concepts and communication protocols
• Demonstrated knowledge Fiber and ISCSI Storage area platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge in administrating multiple platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge of Unix, Cloud OS, VMWare ESXi, and Windows Server Administration including DHCP, DNS, SMTP, Active Directory, vCenter, Horizon View, VDI and Solaris
• Ability to manage multiple projects and associated budgets
• Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
• Strong organization and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of cloud architecture, implementation and migration
• Demonstrated knowledge of data center operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure architecture (TOGAF) methodology