Education & Prevention Coordinator - RSVP Center
Job Title: Education & Prevention Coordinator - RSVP Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36505
The Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center
The Department of Social Justice within the Division of Inclusion, Diversity, and EquityJob Description
The RSVP (Relationship & Sexual Violence Prevention) Center at the University of Missouri-Columbia is housed in MU’s Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity. The RSVP Center staff work together on all functions of the Center, but the Education and Prevention Coordinator has primary responsibility for all educational programs and events through the RSVP Center and for overseeing the Green Dot Bystander Intervention program. Additionally, this position plays a key role in assessment, marketing and general outreach regarding the RSVP Center as a whole.
The RSVP Center Education and Prevention Coordinator is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the delivery of information to students, faculty and staff seeking educational presentations on power-based personal violence.
- Develop and implement educational initiatives, advise student organizations, and assist students both inside and outside the RSVP Center in the development of programs to create community and enhance their knowledge and understanding of intersectional violence prevention and information.
- Collaborate with faculty and other staff on education that will enhance and supplement the classroom experience. Consult and collaborate with University and community partners in implementing programs, activities and events.
- Recruit, train and supervise RSVP Educators and their educational efforts.
- Lead the Green Dot Team.
- Oversee the student-facing portions of the Green Dot Bystander Intervention program, including planning and implementing a variety of Green Dot trainings, programs, special events and conferences for students. Complete required monthly reports.
- Serve as a Green Dot/Bystander Intervention facilitator.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of informational and marketing materials regarding Center events, activities, resources and schedules. Help maintain websites and social media and work with media outlets.
- Conduct assessment on all programs, services and resources of the RSVP Center. Utilize assessment data in the development and enhancement of programs, services and resources.
- Assume responsibility for the RSVP Center library and resource collection, ensuring it is current and widely accessible.
- Provide advocacy and support for students on issues of inequity, injustice, and marginalization on campus, especially around issues of power-based personal violence.
- Assist with all general operations of the RSVP Center.
- Serve on state and University-wide committees as appropriate.
Salary Range: $19.23 to $22.59 per hour
University Title: Student Service Coordinator
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Evening and weekend hours required as necessary to provide training and education when it is requestedMinimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessaryPreferred Qualifications
Master's degree preferred in Student Affairs, Social Work, Higher Education, Counseling, Communication, or related field.
Knowledge of trauma informed services and previous experience working with diverse communities preferred
3-4 years experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired
Instructor Certification in the Green Dot Model of Bystander Intervention from Alteristic or experience with other bystander intervention programs is also preferred.
Experience with assessment, marketing and social mediaColumbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: