PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE - Joint Corrections
Job Title: PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE - Joint Corrections
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36074
University PhysiciansJob Description
Follow University Physicians and Hospital Patient Accounts written procedures to work Joint Correction e-mails, registration rejects, registration fatal edits, self-pay pending insurance, registration TES edits, HPA balance transfers and hold bills, registration cleanup projects, MPV self-pay reports for UP and HPA, UP and HPA pending Medicaid, and UP and HPA Medicaid spend down accounts. Utilize aggressive follow-up methods and interact professionally with all entities necessary to ensure prompt maximum reimbursement of University Physicians and HPA charges.
- To work all assigned task lists, emails and rep lists daily.
- Average of __6__ tasks worked per hour, with a minimum accuracy rate of 98%
- Good knowledge of updating patient registration
- Good knowledge visit management.
- Good knowledge of Medicaid spend down and Medicaid Pending
- Ability to verify insurance via insurance website or phone contact.
- Contact insurance companies verbally regarding registration rejects
- Handle incoming telephone inquiries
- Good knowledge of insurance billing and collecting policies
- Good understanding of BAR fatal edits
- Assist in training new staff
- Good understanding of electronic claim submission and rejection reports
- Process all correspondence thru ETM.
- Analyze problems and trends, provide examples and proposed written or verbal solutions
to Service Coordinator or Supervisor
- Ability to analyze complex accounts
- Ability to transfer balances and work hold bills in the HPA environment.
- Make phone calls to patients when appropriate
- Complete all job responsibilities following written procedures
- Complete various projects or assignments as assigned by Supervisor
- Ability to work in two registration systems
Salary Range: $13.50 - $20.53/hour
University Title: PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Full-time; 40 hour per week; Days.Minimum Qualifications A High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.Two years clerical experience is necessary.Effective communication, time management, analytical and computer skills.Skills: Analytical skills Ability to follow concise direction, both written and verbal. Excellent telephone and communication skills. Demonstrate a willingness to learn. Ability to function as a team member. Ability to operate a personal computer. Ability to compose professional correspondence for internal and external customers. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Able to maintain a professional demeanor, communication and dress at all times. Convey a positive attitudeMental requirements: Ability to receive and convey written and verbally communicated information.Physical Requirements: Ability to remain seated at desk for most of/entire-working shift (excluding lunch/breaks) if required to meet responsibilities for a particular dayPreferred Qualifications
Prior experience in patient accounts, medical office, and/or bookkeeping preferred.
Be able to use telephone, and other office equipment. Ability to receive & convey written/verbal communicated information. Ability to analyze complex mathematical problems. Understand and use standard database and spreadsheet software on PC effectively.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: