SENIOR RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Job Title: SENIOR RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36516
Family & Community MedicineJob Description
Purpose: The candidate will work as part of a vibrant multidisciplinary research team based in Family & Community Medicine providing research support for different projects. The candidate will coordinate research effort with departmental researchers. Expected responsibilities will include:
• Manage data collection and coordination of study activities
• Assist with the implementation of study procedures (including participant recruitment)
• Assist with the preparation of research ethics application, data sharing agreements and study progress reports
• Conduct literature searches and maintain citation databases
• Assist in the preparation of manuscripts, presentations, knowledge translation products and communication documents
• Manage qualitative and/or quantitative data analyses including transcriptions
This position includes possibilities for further research skills acquisition and promotion to higher level coordination/management for research support.
• Two years of experience working in a research environment preferably in health or related fields
• Bachelor degree related to research or additional training or degree in research methods.
• Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative data analyses methods and relevant software
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks for concurrent projects
• Assist with key study activities including IRB applications, completion of Clinical Trials .gov information, monitoring research protocols, collecting research data from multiple sources, analyzing, and reporting research outcomes, etc. Assist Pl's with grant applications, writing scholarly submissions, and advancing the department in research initiatives. 70%
• Prepares study reports for Pl in response to necessary government and university requirements and assists with data analysis for the dissemination of study outcomes through preparation of presentations, conference abstracts, uploading of study manuscripts. 20%
• Works with OSPA and Pl to ensure the study process and timelines are executed. Research Specialists, Study referrals and enrollees, Community research site managers, Faculty Research team, Fiscal Services- department, University IRB. 5%
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the Essential Duties of the job.
Physical: Individual must be able to sit, stand, squat, lift up to 25 lbs and hand movements.
Emotional: Ability to read and comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze
Environmental: Works occasionally in confined quarters, in Family Medicine clinics, and in spaces where research studies may be conducted.
This position is a key contributor to the efforts of gaining research funding through outside sources but coordinating the efforts amongst and between departments. This position may or may not be entirely funded by grant submissions but is sought as infrastructure for existing 8 researchers (Pl's).
'The position reports directly to the department Director to enhance the collaborative efforts within this large department of clinicians (moving in the direction of translational clinical research)
Salary Range: $47,476 - $73,374/year
University Title: SENIOR RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.Shift
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree and relevant experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
Two years of experience working in a research environment preferably in health or related fields
Bachelors degree related to research or additional training or degree in research methods.
Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative data analyses methods and relevant software
Strong writing and communication skills
Ability to manage and prioritize tasks for concurrent projects
In addition to the Online Application, please provide a Cover Letter and ResumeBenefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: