STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE II
Job Title: STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE II
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36506
Division of Information TechnologyJob Description
Produce communication materials to advance strategic priorities of the Office of Information Technology as well as other IT-focused university matters; develop and/or edit content to be delivered to internal client groups through a variety of methods; and assist in the development of communications solutions by leveraging other types of media.
This individual contributor is responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and publishing communication materials, including upkeep of content on the MU Division of IT (DoIT) and UM System Office of IT webpages and related resources, as well as developing and executing strategic communication plans in support of the department and university's strategic and operational needs.
Essential Functions (top five to seven critical functions):
• Proactively prepare communications materials for internal audiences based on overall internal communications strategy set out by management.
• Research, develop and deliver IT communications materials for diverse audiences, including university leadership, faculty, staff and students.
• Connect and collaborate with IT and strategic communications colleagues to align messages across channels and address stakeholder while considering university culture.
• Write, edit and proofread internal employee and student communications and work with management to develop and execute communication plans; edit content and technical materials for to increase engagement and improve readability, style and grammar.
• Develop, update and maintain IT web content, programmatic resources and training materials.
• Assist in tracking and monitoring communications results and developing programs for continuous improvement of communications effectiveness.
Conduct market research as necessary to determine needs/wants among market segments. Coordinate research with technical staff to develop new, or modify current, services. Coordinate internal/external communications and service requirements with management and others as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned.
$19.47 - $26.00 Commensurate with experienceShift
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pmMinimum Qualifications
• A bachelor's degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience
• At least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Demonstrable knowledge of grammar and style standards as well as communications resources and tools (social media, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
Knowledge and familiarity with HTML and/or content management (CMS) a plus.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: