RESIDENCE HALL COORDINATOR
Job Title: RESIDENCE HALL COORDINATOR
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36375
Hiring Department Residential Life
- Develop relationships with residents to help them be successful at MizzouModel and challenge students to up hold the University of Missouri’s core values of Respect, Responsibility, Discovery, and ExcellenceCreate and promote a caring atmosphere conducive to academic pursuits and the personal development of studentsAdvise, counsel, and hold accountable individual students, making referrals when necessaryCoordinate and implement the development of programming that fosters personal, academic and community wellnessAdvise and collaborate with student leaders and organizations, including Hall Government, Residence Halls Association (RHA) and National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
- Attend staff meetings with other RHCs and Assistant DirectorsPlan and implement a weekly staff meeting with the hall staffConduct regular one-on-one meetings with individual Resident Advisers and Resident Adviser-Peer Learning AssistantsSupervise 5-18 Resident Advisers and Resident Adviser-Peer Learning AssistantsProvides regular formal and informal feedback regarding job performance and professional and personal developmentParticipate in and lead staff training for Resident AdvisersDevelop a sense of community among staff through staff development, leadership development, and personal/professional development
- Maintain daily office hours and offer a high degree of availability and visibility for all residents and staff membersMaintain hall rosters and resident records utilizing StarRez softwareEnsure that maintenance problems are reported and corrected as soon as possibleCollaborate with the Campus Facilities and the Building Services Supervisor (BSS) and custodial staff to ensure custodial concerns are being addressed in a timely manner
- Assist with student staff recruitment, selection, and trainingAssist with department wide and divisional programming, all hall openings and closingsSupport the Residential Life Administrative office with large projects and initiatives, this includes contracting initiatives and housing assignmentsLead and serve on RHC Committees (Professional Staff Recruitment, Selection & Training, Student Staff Experience, Programming & FIGs, Sense of Belonging, Operations)Participate in year-round duty rotationAssist with summer assignments as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by supervisory positions
- Act as situationally critical staff and expect to be instructed to work in situations that impact the residence halls.Receive training on a wide variety of MU programs and offerings and appropriate delivery methods.Attend and participate in staff meetings and all training sessions scheduled by their supervisor and the department.As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve and maintain our Residential Life and Student Affairs mission.Serve in an on-call rotation with other RHCs. Answer the on-call phone after 5 p.m. on weekdays and 24 hours on weekends.
Salary Range: $14.37 - $16.82 per hour (offer will include furnished apartment within residence hall)
Grade: GGS 009
University Title: RESIDENT HALL COORDINATOR
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and university title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Info tile in myHR.Shift
The Residence Hall Coordinator position are a 12-month live-in position. 40 hours per week with opportunity to accrue comptime and/or overtime. Shifts will include nights and weekends based on operational needs and on-call responsibilities. This includes working during academic breaks.Minimum Qualifications A Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications A master’s degree in Student Affairs or a related field with two years of experience in Housing or Residential Life is preferred.Understanding issues of diversity and inclusivity, effectiveness in promoting respect and appreciation for diversity and pluralism among students and staff is required.Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, conflict mediation, crisis response and management.Work independently, demonstrate initiative, display a strong commitment to student learning, and work collaboratively with stakeholders inside and outside of the university.Possess a valid driver’s license.Application Materials Completed online applications and resumes’ will be accepted until position is filled.Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: