BSN, Administrative AssistantSouth University Columbia, SC, 9 Science Court, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of AmericaReq #931 Tuesday, May 11, 2021 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
POSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the functional department head and other staff members of the department. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment, which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries as appropriate. Greet visitors and direct to appropriate destination.
- Perform routine clerical duties as assigned. Maintain correspondence logs, files, minutes, information databases, and other tracking systems as necessary.
- Order supplies as necessary. Maintain office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines and printers.
- Track expenses for the same and submits for payment.
- Open and distribute mail for department; handles outgoing mail; answers routine correspondence for others signature.
- Schedule meetings as necessary.
- Perform special projects as assigned such as data entry, collation of large documents, data checking, etc.
- Minimum: earned Associates Degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least two years' progressive experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience handling the scheduling of conference calls and meetings, including travel arrangements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office). Some experience in database programs.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description. South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeHourlyRequired EducationAssociate Degree Apply Now
Share this job: