Part-Time Coordinator I, Language Lab
Job Title: Part-Time Coordinator I, Language Lab
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 34644
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.Job Description PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The PT Coordinator I, Language Lab manages open and instructed labs on the LSC campus throughout the year. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to user questions and inquiries through telephone, e-mail, oral and written forms of communication
- Attempt to resolve first contact issues by performing minor troubleshooting in the identification of applicable problems related to software applications or hardware applications used in language teaching and learning, etc.
- Process Language Lab reservations by prioritizing and scheduling lab request for instructional usage
- Assist lab coordinator in preparing and delivering orientation and training sessions to students and faculty
- Identify user problems with software and hardware, research problems, troubleshoot as required, and instruct users in routine problem resolution
- Maintain the security of the language lab and its contents from open to close on days, nights, and weekends
- Confirm that open lab patrons sign in and out properly when using the lab outside of class
- Assist lab coordinator in the digitization, duplication and distribution of language textbook multimedia materials
- Assist lab coordinator in the promotion of the use of technology and multimedia materials in language study
- Support instructional delivery as needed
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $14.85.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.