Research Assistant 1
Job Title: Research Assistant 1
Location: Case Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 8825
Job Description POSITION OBJECTIVE
- Perform research work related to hemoglobin electrophoresis separation. Conduct hands-on experiment under biosafety level-2 laboratory environment including blood sample preparation, cell culture, DNA extraction, PCR, potentially immunoblot (not required) (60%). Maintain records of experiments. Collect data and assist data analysis using electronic database (Microsoft Office system) (20%)Assist other lab activities including developing improved techniques for biomechanics research platform. (20%)
- Perform other duties related to laboratory operations as assigned
- Hands on experience with human blood sample.
- Wet-lab experience.
- Able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of job.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors and customers face-to-face.
- Molecular biology experience (DNA extraction, PCR, Western Blotting) is preferred but not required
- Cell culture experience is preferred but not required
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Equity at 216-368-3066 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.