Federal Work Study
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-28
FEDERAL WORK STUDY
***THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE STUDENTS AT PACIFIC OAKS COLLEGE***
We are looking for a Student Worker for Academic Affairs!
The Academic Affairs (AA) Student Worker will serve as a student representative for the Academic Affairs department, which also houses a MA OLC program and the General Education program. This position will provide general office support to the Administrative Assistant, the Vice President of Academic Affairs and various Faculty. This includes general office duties and student support for campus events and projects.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Administrative Assistant of AA.
- Assist with answering telephones, filing, photocopying and other general office management services.
- Greet office guests, answer questions and provide general assistance.
- Prepare materials for new student orientations and other student events.
- Assist with complying departmental data.
- Assist with research in various areas of psychology, education, early childhood education, marriage & family therapy, trauma, Latina/o mental health, African-American/Black mental health, human development, student retention and assessment.
- Assist with collection, filing and organizing department paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience utilizing Learning Management Systems and/or data collection systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional demeanor.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to assist with faculty research projects, existing and new program development projects.
- Must be in good standing with the college.
- Must be eligible for Financial Aid.
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.