Assistant Director for Recruitment and Operations - Admissions Office
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, is seeking candidates for the Assistant Director for Recruitment and Operations position in the Admissions Office.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, the Assistant Director for Recruitment and Operations oversees all undergraduate and graduate recruitment activities, search services, application processing, data entry for recruitment and admission, and queries designed to extract information to inform data-driven decision-making. The Assistant Director creates and implements recruitment strategies both individually and for the recruitment team to reach prospective students through virtual and in-person fairs, events, referrals, online and print communications, social media, and outreach to businesses and organizations. The position will provide direct supervision to all the department's recruitment staff. The Assistant Director must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators and staff.
- Contributes to the successful accomplishment of the University's enrollment objectives by working with the Director to develop and implement a comprehensive student recruitment plan for undergraduate students which includes, but is not limited to, the following components: territory management, effective and efficient processing of applicant data, supervision of the processing of applications, decisions, and monitoring productivity of recruitment staff through key performance indicators.
- Develops, supervises and trains recruitment staff.
- Ensures compliance with the University's undergraduate admissions policies.
- Ensuring compliance with all State Residency and International student admission policies.
- Analyzes and interprets student enrollment trends, market data, best practices in admissions, recruitment marketing.
- Communicate with prospective students, appropriate secondary school and community college personnel, and service agencies in the community regarding Admissions requirements.
- Directs all virtual and in-person recruitment related activities and staff to include territory management, on-site school visits, admissions fairs participation, presentations to prospective students, parents and individuals in the community about university programs offered and the application process.
- Represents the Office of Admissions and Recruitment by serving on various University committees and participating in appropriate state and national professional organizations/associations.
- Maintains open lines of communication with school counselors and the public on issues related to policies and procedures for admission to Fort Valley State University
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage those from various backgrounds.
- Maintains, along with staff, intimate knowledge of academic programs and their requirements in order to effectively articulate them to prospective students.
- Leads the effective management of open houses, campus tours, and the Student Ambassador program.
- Provides exemplary internal and external customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three (3 )years' progressive experience in either admissions, registration and or recruitment within a college or university environment.
- Experience in admissions and recruitment planning.
- Possess a deep understanding of student enrollment trends, market data, best practices in admissions, recruitment marketing.
- Ability to read and interpret data to inform decision making.
- Ability to prepare reports with the highest degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet and interact with diverse populations using excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to build strong and productive teams.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals (students, parents, faculty and staff).
- Dynamic leadership abilities and strong public relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thoroughly assess needs of individuals and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Access, student databases, and other forms of technology critical to admissions work.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team.