Director of Football Operations
Posting #: 3395
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Athletics, Administrator
Director of Football Operations; AthleticsPosting #
As part of the University of San Diego, a Roman Catholic University, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to advancing academic and athletic excellence and enhancing students' lives while promoting the University of San Diego.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
Coordinates all operational aspects of the NCAA Division I FCS football program. Supervision received from Head Coach. Supervises director of video operations, student managers and interns, program volunteers and student employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel – Coordinates detailed and complex team travel arrangements and logistics, including air travel, lodging, meals, and ground transportation for travel parties of approximately 75 people (coaches, student athletes, and administrators) for 5 to 6 away games per season.
- Equipment – Works with the equipment manager and assistant coaches to order and maintain equipment and uniforms.
- Meals – Coordinates all pre- and post-game team meals for approximately 75 to 100 student athletes and coaches.
- Study table – Works as a liaison with the coordinator of athletic academic support and communicates with the head coach to ensure that the team’s mandatory study table hours are achieved.
- Camps – Directs individual camp and assists with team camp in coordination with the Assistant Director of Camps.
- On-campus recruiting – Works with coaching staff on all recruiting activities on campus, including large-scale recruiting weekends.
- Official visits – Coordinates all arrangements for official visits, including detailed itineraries for travel, lodging, meals and campus meetings.
- Video exchange – Provides video of as many scheduled opponents as possible. Responds to video requests from other programs when appropriate. Sends requests for conference video exchange. Arranges for game videos to be dubbed after home contests.
- Community outreach – Works with the Coordinator of Student-Athlete services to engage the student-athletes in meaningful community outreach.
- Alumni outreach – Corresponds with program alumni regarding games, travel, events, banquets, etc.
- Marketing and fundraising – Coordinates activities with the athletic development and marketing office. Includes planning and executing golf tournaments and other events.
- On-field managerial responsibilities – As assigned by coaching staff.
- Other duties as assigned by head coach.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of the game required; college playing experience preferred.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a background investigation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with athletes, members of the University community, San Diego community, and all media.
- Possess excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to understand the goals and responsibilities of a successful athletic program at the NCAA Division I level.
- Represent the University in a professional and responsible manner; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Adherence to and appreciation for NCAA/conference/league regulations and ability to instill those values in students.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- California driver’s license required within six weeks of hire date.
- CPR/first aid certification required within six weeks of hire date.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests.
Tools & Equipment Used:
- Personal computer, Microsoft Office, general office equipment, video editing equipment
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 28, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled