SLEI Research Analyst
SLEI Research Analyst
Job Number: 89358
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Stanford Graduate School of Business is seeking a Research Analyst to join the Stanford Latino Entrepreneurship Research Initiative. The Research Analyst will conduct research to enhance understanding about the experience of U.S. Latino entrepreneurs to build a foundation of information that policy-makers, non-profits, and entrepreneurs may utilize to better support the growth and success of Latino-owned firms.
The successful candidate will have excellent skills in data analysis and statistical computing. He/she will be able to analyze both qualitative and quantitative data and interpret the results through presentations and reports for academic, business, and government audiences.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Drive the design, implementation, and analysis of survey-based research, ensuring it follows university and best-practice research protocols
- Lead efforts to clean the data prior to analysis, and to merge collected survey data with large data sets (i.e. Census, ASE, SBO) to enhance results.
- Interpret, synthesize, and analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Solve problems, and make decisions that affect the direction of the research and result in independent contributions to the overall project.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a large longitudinal database
- Develop domain expertise about entrepreneurship and diversity
- Co-author reports for external publication
- Conduct professional research presentations.
- Complete project-related administrative and budgetary responsibilities of a limited scope as needed.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Graduate degree in an applicable social science related field and five years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant experience in an applicable social science. PhD preferred.
- Expert level knowledge and skills in research, particularly related to social sciences.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; excellent judgment.
- Substantial experience and understanding of at least one statistical computing environment, such as R.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to complete detailed work accurately.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with human study participants.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Command of written and spoken Spanish
- Familiarity with SQL databases, survey tools (Qualtrics), and a programming language.
- Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.).
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, modeling and mining.
- Interest in entrepreneurship among diverse populations
Note: This is a 14-month fixed term position with the possibility of extension.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application no later than May 28, 2021.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4573
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89358
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency