Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Analyst I (Two Positions)
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Analyst I (Two Positions)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03291
Posting Date: 04/29/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 05/19/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $6,215.24 per month
Maximum Salary: $8,781.98 per month
Kern Community College District provides a rich health and welfare benefits offering to our employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term Disability.
In addition to the above benefits, the District also offers a robust voluntary benefits selection:
- Flex 125
- Additional products and services through American Fidelity
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- Tax Shelter Annuities
The District participates in CalPERS retirement system and Social Security benefits for Classified and Management employees. Employees covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), are vested 100% after five years of full time service credit. All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date.
Benefit Website Link:
College/Site: District Office
Location: DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
One position is contingent on funding.
The Right Candidate
You've got excellent troubleshooting skills and are comfortable enough with technology to solve technical problems on your own (you're great at Googling answers to your problems). You like working with people, learning about their work, assisting them, making their work easier, and solving their problems makes your day. Becoming an expert and figuring out how technology works and applying that knowledge to solve business problems gives you great job satisfaction.
Supporting our ERP (Ellucian Banner) and a variety of related applications (DegreeWorks, Document Imaging, etc.), you'll be the expert in the technology and how things work together. You'll help departments make the best use of technology by offering technical solutions to their problems. Sometimes that will mean using software in a different way, troubleshooting, helping them create a report, integrating with another system, or, in rare circumstances, customized code.
We're primarily using PL/SQL and Python, but there are things written in Pro*C, bash scripts, COBOL, Java, and a variety of other languages we have to support.
We've recently implemented a new Remote Work policy where you have the opportunity to work from home.
This position is available for remote work, applicants must reside in the state of California.
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, participate in a variety of specialized activities involved in the planning, analysis, design, development, modification, maintenance, and implementation of ERP modules. Responsible for the integration of software applications and databases, coordination of projects, services and communications to meet district technology needs related to enterprise systems development and implementation.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Analyst I perform duties related to supporting KCCD's ERP systems and solutions. The ERP Analyst I generally has knowledge, expertise for a single ERP module. The ERP Analyst I receive assistance from ERP Analyst II's and third party consultants and is fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the Information Technology department.
- Work with assigned departments to analyze business processes and implement technology solutions to automate business processes and workflow; participate in meetings to define and document business process requirements; research, recommend, develop and deploy enhancements to improve business efficiencies.
- Serve as a resource on process/functionality issues for enterprise systems. Assist users in functional areas to understand and apply system processes and provide subject-matter expertise to internal and external clients as required.
- Oversee and participate in a variety of project development activities including but not limited to planning, analysis, design, programming, development and modification of assigned computer systems, software, applications and databases
- Collaborate with departments to determine desired report content and parameters
- Perform required analysis to ensure data extracted from the enterprise data repositories is accurate and meets the business needs
- Work with department leadership and end-users to gather requirements, design and develop reports using enterprise reporting tools
- Establish and maintain timelines and priorities for assigned projects, systems and applications
- Participate in the analysis and testing of vendor computer systems, applications and components; analyze and identify system and application needs and issues; recommend in-house or vendor solutions according to feasibility and compatibility with current systems; coordinate and recommend the purchase of computer systems and applications to enhance district operations
- Perform functional configurations and maintenance for enterprise systems based on changing operational and business needs
- Complete technical service requests and provide continuous business applications support for enterprise software
- Review, assess impact of and assist with the implementation of ERP system upgrades
- Provide IT support for regulatory and compliance activities
- Keep current with the latest technology; regularly attend technical training in order to maintain technical expertise
- Perform related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree AND one year of ERP system support, programming or systems analysis experience.
An Associate’s degree in Computer Science AND 3 years of increasingly responsible ERP system support, programming or systems analysis experience.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate of competency AND 5 years of increasingly responsible ERP system support, programming or systems analysis experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Enterprise resource planning systems
- Project Management techniques involved in the development and implementation of ERP systems
- SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Advanced programming languages and tools to design, code, test, develop, analyze, troubleshoot, and implement programs, modules, subsystems and applications
- Data Warehouse and Data Mart concepts, structures and systems
- Reporting design and delivering reporting solutions
- Relational database concepts; Oracle database experience required
- End-user reporting tools
- Unix and Windows operating systems
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of systems capabilities, end-user’s information needs and underlying business practices
- Analyze data and develop logical solutions for information access problems
- Develop SQL statements, procedures and functions
- Debug and solve problems
- Prepare work plans and time lines for projects and proposed systems
- Manage multiple priorities, follow project plans and meet project timelines
- Learn new skills and adapt to changes in technology
- Continuously update personal knowledge of industry-leading technology
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
Salary Grade: 51.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on May 19, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15110. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency