Librarian - Technical Services & Systems
Librarian - Technical Services & Systems
Georgetown University - Qatar (GU-Q) is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for the position of Librarian - Technical Services & Systems.
Reporting to the Director of the Library, the Librarian - Technical Services & Systems manages the library's technical services functions with responsibility for acquisitions, cataloguing, electronic journals collections, and online databases. The position is also responsible for development and maintenance of the library's integrated database and software system, which is critical to the operation of the library. The position plans and implements library policies and procedures, supervises staff in designated areas, and assists in coordinating operations between the Washington, D.C. and Doha campuses.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Performing original and derived cataloguing and classification of materials using internationally accepted standards; coordinating the download and integration of bibliographic and other records in the system; preparing statistical and narrative reports related to acquisitions, processing, cataloguing, periodicals, and online databases; and serving on library and institution-wide committees and task forces.
- Masters in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent accreditation body; additional graduate degree in the humanities or social sciences is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of academic library experience.
- Significant experience in library technical services functions and with integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and facilitating collaborative relationships.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with a record of professional participation and accomplishment.
- Strong commitment to public service.
- In-depth knowledge of cataloguing and classification rules, standards, and methods.
- Sound knowledge of integrated library systems (experience with Ex Libris Alma/Primo VE is preferred) and interoperability of data structures.
- Strong familiarity with data and cataloguing sources and with electronic data retrieval and transmission systems.
- Sound knowledge of academic information systems and reference sources.
- Strong knowledge of acquisitions processes and systems.
Review of applications will begin on May 16, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
Qatar offers a diverse, safe, and family-friendly environment. Compensation and expatriate benefits packages are highly competitive. For more information about what it is like to work and live in Doha, you may visit our Life in Qatar webpage.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Qatar/Librarian---Technical-Services---Systems_JR10124-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency