Travel Customer Service Specialist
Travel Customer Service Specialist
Job Number: 89340
WHO WE ARE:
The Stanford Travel program provides travel services for Stanford University staff, faculty and students who are travelling on Stanford business to fulfill the University's mission. As the Stanford Travel Customer Service Specialist, you will support a best-in-class travel program and offer a high level of service to Stanford travelers and travel arrangers. This position will report to the Stanford Travel Relationship Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
In this rewarding position, you will handle inquiries from Stanford travelers and travel arrangers regarding the Stanford Travel program within established performance metrics. You will provide and maintain the highest level of service to the customer using judgment and discretion. In addition, every day will bring unique challenges as you:
- Create traveler profiles and manage traveler profile database.
- Expedite, research, and resolve traveler issues.
- Work closely with others in department to identify and correct problems and make recommendations to remedy problems.
- Lead document retention project.
- Track correspondence and interactions using a customer relationship management tool.
- Audit preferred supplier offerings to ensure negotiated rate accuracy.
- Process special requests and initiate appropriate documentation as needed. May involve database research.
- May run and analyze basic reports.
- May represent Stanford at public events, such as fairs and travel events, greet customers and serve as a resource on unit and general inquiries.
- Ad hoc reporting and project management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business travel operations
- Proficiency in use of collaboration tools including Jabber, Zoom, Smartsheet, Salesforce and ServiceNow
- Strong customer service experience and a proven ability to meet performance standards.
- Strong problem solving and technical skills.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to use authority, knowledge and judgment to effectively respond to complicated requests.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures and correctly provide that information to customers and use information to make sound decisions.
- Strong computer skills such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Salesforce and Service Now.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
WORKING CONDITIONS & STANDARDS:
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- May work extended hours.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
HOW TO APPLY:
We invite you to apply by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4623
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: D
- Requisition ID: 89340
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency