Web Developer 2
Web Developer 2
Job Number: 89342
The Department of Medicine at Stanford University is seeking a Web Developer 2 for it's IT Applications Team to create and maintain websites. This role will design, build, and implement new, high quality, high performance web-based applications and tools that maximally leverage available technology infrastructure.
The Department of Medicine is the largest department at Stanford University. Located in the School of Medicine, with 500 plus faculty, the department has a tripartite mission: education, research and patient care.
The IT Applications Team is a central and integral part of the department central operations which supports all missions in the department. We work with stakeholders across the department from world renowned faculty to senior leadership and managers to staff, to design and develop first class web and mobile applications that bring transformative changes to business practices and processes, with impact and influences both within and beyond the department. You will be part of a dynamic, motivated, highly performing team with a well-balanced development skill portfolio. Your front-end contributions will complement the team's strength and assets in our endless pursuit of excellence in supporting faculty to train the next generation of physician leaders, to discover new scientific breakthroughs, and to provide world-class patient care.
- Design, implement, and deploy web-based applications and websites from initial design and architecture through development, test, and deployment.
- Implement and maintain content management systems, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and creation of Stanford-specific modules.
- Evaluate third-party modules for functionality, accessibility, security, and maintainability.
- Perform selected website administration duties for existing clients. Ensure web server and site technical performance.
- Create web pages and tools for Stanford websites using core technologies. Create and/or modify clean, well-structured, search engine optimization-friendly documented code.
- Provide technical expertise in front- and back-end web development. Support web infrastructure by providing end-user support, applications maintenance, product evaluation, back-end development, and internal management tools.
- Interpret website design and layout visually in a creative, contemporary style and fully integrated manner. Ensure high quality and consistent look and feel across multiple devices and browsers.
- Optimize the display of original online content, and collaborate with content manager to produce animated gifs, static buttons, and email and landing pages.
- Work with site architects to develop and document functional specifications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders. Support the implementation of life-cycle.
- Help develop and deploy upgrade/migration plans for existing content management system as needed.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge and experience with modern front-end technologies like reactive UI and Tailwind CSS.
- Strong knowledge and experience with integration through published APIs.
- Strong sense of modern web design and integration in product development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop web content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex websites and web applications using open source tools, languages, libraries, and current standards-compliant code.
- Knowledge of web content development and cloud services.
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability methods.
- Expert knowledge of content management systems, such as Drupal, including the ability to perform standard installation and configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and related analyses.
- Ability to design and manage relational databases.
- Ability to design and implement web services.
- Ability to interact positively with and build consensus among a diverse group of colleagues, clients, and senior leadership.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Strong visual acuity.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4289
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A18
- Requisition ID: 89342
Location: School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency