Executive Director, Auxiliary & Groups
Executive Director, Auxiliary & Groups
Job ID: 226279
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for providing leadership and performance accountability to the Auxiliary & Groups unit within the Office of Fiscal Services. Provides leadership, strategic planning and organizational direction to various key auxiliary and group operations functions including Housing, Athletics, Bookstore, Dining, Transportation, Parking, Card Services, Sports Park and other areas. Supervises assigned staff to ensure that accounting principles are being consistently applied, internal controls are sufficient, and deadlines are met.
- Oversees and supports the financial and accounting operations of KSU Athletics Department and KSU Athletic Association (KSUAA)
- Prepares financial reports, management of the audit process and presentation of financial and budget information to assigned committees or boards
- Reviews all reporting required by Athletics Department including NCAA, EADA, Atlantic SUN and Big South and Form 990 reporting for KSUAA
- Oversees accounting operations of Housing services provided by KSU including leased housing properties from KSU Foundation
- Ensures Housing operations and reporting are in accordance with the MOU established with the KSU Foundation
- Works closely with Auxiliary Services leadership to support the department's strategic goals and objectives
- Oversees accounting operations of Sports and Entertainment Park and related fields including budgeting, accounting and reporting needs
- Reviews all Public-Private ventures and tracks performance of PPVs against proformas and complies with required BOR reporting
- Oversees accounting operations of all Campus Services departments and locations
- Coordinates information reports and requests; ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reporting for areas of responsibility
- Reviews 5- and 10-year projections for auxiliary department budgets
- Provides direction and guidance to auxiliary university departments regarding procurement, payments, employee reimbursements, cash collections, revenues, and accounts receivable policies and procedures, implementation of new practices and procedures
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization's goals and objectives
- Oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and performance management of assigned staff
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement
- Recommends and participates in the development of University policies and procedures as needed for area of responsibility
- Provides strong technical expertise and direction, ensuring appropriate controls are in place to manage business risks
- Manages through reliable systems and processes and works through the team and influences other department managers to drive results
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business from an accredited institution of higher education
Ten (10) years of accounting or financial organizational leadership experience related to the position, to include previous management and supervisory experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
PeopleSoft Experience a plus
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in any discipline
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Maintains current knowledge of Federal, State, BOR, and KSU policies and procedures
Maintains current knowledge of GASB and FASB guidance as it applies to nonprofit entities
Experience with large ERP systems (PeopleSoft and Banner strongly preferred); thorough understanding of processing systems and the ability to solve problems within the system.
Strong financial process knowledge with the ability to deliver results
Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Proven management skill and ability to attract, retain, motivate and manage talent
Effective team player, flexible, quick learner, and self-motivated
Exceptional team leadership, training and mentoring ability
Excellent analytical skills, detail-oriented and deadline-driven while maintaining the highest level of accuracy
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, team building, conflict resolution and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226279&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency