Director of Operations
Director of OperationsType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
12 MonthsPosition Type:
Staff - Exempt(Monthly)Department:
CFSB CenterSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary on-site contact for assigned sports/facilities including daily operations of the CFSB Center.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Organize, oversee and execute logistical operations and setup/strike for all events (internal, external and athletic) in facility.
• Oversee the event merchandise at the CFSB Center in conjunction with athletic department business office.
• Develop, create and implement concepts and ideas to improve event operations.
• Aggressively promote and recruit external events (concerts, regional events, etc.) to be hosted at the CFSB Center.
• Assisting in development and execution of marketing plans and promotions related to hosting of external events at the CFSB center.
• Communicates various events with all internal and external departments to prevent any possible conflicts.
• Assist with the CFSB Center budget preparation and formation.
• Submit all work orders for CFSB Center via the AiMS system.
• Serve as department daily contact for all Concession repairs, renovations and construction. Provide the Assistant AD for Operations with timely progress reports on projects.
• Supervise all students, groups and temporary part-time staff.
• Plan, schedule and supervise appropriate levels of personnel (full-time, part-time, and students) in all areas of responsibility, including overtime, while staying within budgetary limitations and university policy.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operation/maintenance of all concessions stands in coordination with vendors and SSC.
• Responsible for ordering concession stand products.
• Ensuring concession products are received and stocked according to product storage procedures.
• Serve as a representative of the Athletics/CFSB Center while attending various activities encouraging growth and interest in Murray State Athletics, Murray State University and the local and regional communities.
• Work in collaboration with Athletic Director and Resources & Operations within the athletic department to establish partnerships within the local and regional communities regarding scheduling of events.
• Overseeing, approving and managing all timecard approvals at the CFSB Center.
• Serve as athletic department representative for the CFSB Center while also working within the Resources & Operations Division of Murray State Athletics.
• Will be responsible for producing $200,000 in annual revenues from facility rentals, booking of external events and other revenue streams.
• Maintaining ultimate responsibility for coordination, management and communication of comprehensive facility schedule to include all events (internal, external and athletic) to all parties involved.
• Coordination of all housekeeping and general maintenance for the CFSB center.
• Serve in a support role for gameday event management for home football games, basketball games and other events as assigned.
• Ability to promote a positive and inclusive workplace.
• As a member of the Murray State University Athletic Department, you shall comply with all applicable NCAA rules and regulations as provided in the NCAA Division I Manual. If you are found in violation of NCAA regulations, you shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
• Bachelor’s degree required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Two years supervisory experience required within a multi-purpose athletic and special event venue.
• Knowledgeable in OSHA standards in maintaining a safe working environment.
• Must possess ability to plan, develop, organize and manage all aspects of the operational activities of the facility.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work in facility management and event operations.
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service are a high priority.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and computer proficient.
• Knowledge of arena/convention facilities, recordkeeping, report preparation and finance preferred.Physical Demands:
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to perform long periods of physical activity (standing, walking, etc.).
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.Posting Date:
05/28/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Contact information for three (3) references