Mechanical Equipment Inspector
This position is located at our Georgia State University Downtown Campus and is within the Maintenance and Operations Department of Facilities Management Services.
- Performs daily operation, preventative maintenance, routine work orders on chillers, split systems, air handling units, pumps, boilers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, variable volume units, unit heaters, air compressors, and pneumatic and electronic HVAC control devices.
- Performs electrical, pneumatic, and electronic HVAC trouble shooting, vibration analysis, nondestructive testing, and other various maintenance testing; and performs proper lubrication maintenance as required.
- Operates and troubleshoots building HVAC systems utilizing the automated computerized Building Automation System. Assists with the planning and scheduling for the preventive maintenance program and coordinates with contractors for maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares inspection, technical, and other reports involving mechanical and building equipment. Performs minor training and supervision of HVAC work and other duties as assigned.
- Replaces building devices that are in need of repair, performs general repair work of doors, windows, floors, and minor electrical wiring, plumbing, and finishing work as assigned.
- Performs other assigned duties.
Technical or vocational degree and two years of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning experience (HVAC); or High school diploma or GED and four years of HVAC; or a combination of education and related experience. Must have the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Technician CFC/HCFC and HFC Universal certification as required by 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F, or be certified within six months of employment.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Facilities Management Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/28/21, 3:29:38 PM