Assistant Vice President of Rowan Online, SEM/Rowan Global (Internal Applicants Only)
Job no: 495194
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Professional, Managerial
Division: SEM/Rowan Global (Student Affairs)
Department: Rowan Online
Position: Assistant Vice President of Rowan Online
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of SEM/Rowan Global (Student Affairs), the Assistant Vice President of Rowan Online is responsible for leading, elevating, and coordinating the operations and activities involving instructional design, online learning, and University web services for Rowan University. This position is must drive the learning direction, goals, policies, and technologies of the institution. This includes dissemination of knowledge and information to the learner through technology, the Internet, and instructors.
Essential position responsibilities and functions:
- Senior and primary liaison with University constituents to coordinate and manage projects related to online course development, online learning technologies, instructional design services, and web services.
- Supervise and direct the professional and administrative staff within the Rowan Online department including the Instructional Design team, the LMS Administration team, Development Operations staff, and the Web Services team.
- Identify and assess the training and technology needs of the instructional design team and faculty engaged in course development/instruction to ensure continuous improvement and advancement in online education.
- Evaluate overall department performance to ensure that operational procedures are meeting business needs.
- Coordinate academic online learning goals with the Office of the Provost, Deans, and various constituents in Academic Affairs.
- Support the integration, automation, and optimization of systems, tools, reporting, and analytics to advance the mission of each strategic area of Rowan Online and the constituents they serve.
- Draft and maintain policies and other operational documentation as needed to advance the business goals of the overall Rowan Online operation.
- Serve as the liaison with external entities and organizations that provide support, consulting, and assessment of Rowan Universities online learning operations and services.
- Assess online course design to assure compliance with Federal, NJ State, and Rowan University online learning standards and requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across various departments on projects and special initiatives that require services from the instructional design team.
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in various departments across the institution.
- Work with academic stakeholders to assess new online learning needs and address on-going issues in the online learning space.
- Manage and organize projects and special initiatives involving various stake holders and cross-functional teams across the University.
- Support special initiatives involving constituents external to Rowan University including grant funded projects, collaborations, and partnerships.
- Participate regularly in external professional development offerings related to online learning, instructional design, and web services in an effort to stay up-to-date with industry trends and standards.
- Direct large-scale change management for all operations.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Maintain project and operational documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 8 years of related work experience in a leadership role.
- Experience supporting faculty and students in a Higher Education environment with online, academic technologies.
- Proficiency with designing online courses in commercial Learning Management Systems for the purpose of supporting online learning for tertiary education.
- Proficiency with content management systems and web services.
- Experience with Managing technical coding / software development team including agile development methods and change management
- Experience with Development Operations
- Experience with digital curricular design.
- Experience coordinating and managing projects while serving as team lead.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Be extremely customer-service oriented.
- Be able to work independently to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or an academic technology related field.
- Experience leading teams of instructional designers, LMS administrators, application developers, and web administrators in a higher education environment.
- Proficiency in developing online courses in Canvas by Instructure LMS.
- Understanding of Cascade by Hanon Hill and Drupal content management systems.
- Experience teaching academic courses in online, asynchronous format.
- Experience providing training, support, and instruction for instructors engaging in online learning.
- Only completed online internal applications submitted on or before the posted deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Apr 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 11 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time