Manager of Instructional Design, SEM/Rowan Global (Internal Applicants Only)
Job no: 495195
Work type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Managerial, Professional
Division: SEM/Rowan Global (Student Affairs)
Department: Rowan Online
Position: Manager of Instructional Design
This position manages the day-to-day operations for online learning and instructional design in the Rowan Online Department. This position will support instructional designers and faculty who are developing online courses and will manage related projects or initiatives. Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is to be expected. Flexible work from home options may be available.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee online course development projects, contracts, and schedules.
- Identify and assess the training and technology needs of the instructional design team and faculty engaged in course development/instruction to ensure continuous improvement and advancement in online education.
- Evaluate team performance to ensure that operational procedures are meeting business needs.
- Draft and maintain policies and other operational documentation as needed to advance the business goals of the instructional design operation.
- Analyze existing instructional material and provide recommendations for improvements to existing Rowan online learning templates and models.
- Assess online course design to assure compliance with Federal, NJ State, and Rowan University online learning standards and requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across various departments on projects and special initiatives that require services from the instructional design team.
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in various departments across the institution.
- Work with academic stakeholders to assess new online learning needs and address on-going issues in the online learning space.
- Manage and organize projects or special initiatives internal to the Rowan Online department. Assist with other projects and initiatives within the University.
- Maintain project and operational documentation.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum five years of related work experience.
- Experience supporting faculty and students in a Higher Education environment with online, academic technologies.
- Proficiency with designing online courses in commercial Learning Management Systems for the purpose of supporting online learning for tertiary education.
- Experience with digital curricular design.
- Experience coordinating and managing projects while serving as team lead.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Be extremely customer-service oriented.
- Be able to work independently to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or an academic technology related field.
- Experience leading a team of instructional designers in a higher education environment.
- Proficiency in developing online courses in Canvas by Instructure LMS.
- Experience teaching academic courses in online, asynchronous format.
- Experience providing training, support, and instruction for use of software applications and computer skills.
- Only completed online internal applications submitted on or before the posted deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Apr 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 11 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time