Manager of LMS Systems Operations, SEM/Rowan Global (Internal Applicants Only)
Job no: 495197
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Division: SEM/Rowan Global (Student Affairs)
Department: Rowan Online
Position: Manager of LMS Systems Operations
This position manages the day-to-day operations for the team responsible for the Rowan University Learning Management System, related technologies, and support in the Rowan Online Department. This position will oversee a team of LMS administrators serving all virtual and physical campuses and will manage related projects or initiatives. Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is to be expected. Flexible work from home options may be available. This position report to the Assistant Vice President of Rowan Online.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure high quality and professional customer service is delivered to instructors and students.
- Identify and assess the training and technology needs of the LMS admin team to ensure continuous improvement and advancement in online educational technologies.
- Manage vendor contracts, vendor relations, and third-party integrations for Rowan Online systems and technologies.
- Evaluate team performance to ensure that operational procedures are meeting business needs.
- Analyze existing instructional material and provide recommendations for improvements to existing Rowan online learning templates and models.
- Train educators and students on academic online technology use, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across various departments on projects and special initiatives that require services from the LMS administration team.
- Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders in various departments across the institution.
- Work with academic stakeholders to assess new online learning needs and address on-going issues in the online learning space.
- Manage and organize projects or special initiatives internal to the Rowan Online department. Assist with other projects and initiatives within the University.
- Maintain project and operational documentation.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree. In Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or an academic technology related field.
- Minimum five years of related work experience.
- Experience supporting faculty and students in a Higher Education environment with online, academic technologies.
- Proficiency with administering a commercial Learning Management Systems for the purpose of supporting online learning for tertiary education.
- Experience with enterprise system management, governance, support, and maintenance.
- Experience managing technology vendors and contracts.
- Experience coordinating and managing projects while serving as a team lead.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Be extremely customer-service oriented.
- Be able to work independently to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- 1o years experience in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or an academic technology related field.
- Proficiency in administering an instance of Canvas by Instructure LMS.
- Experience leading a team of LMS administrators in a higher education environment.
- Experience teaching academic courses in online, asynchronous format.
- Only completed online internal applications submitted on or before the posted deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Apr 27 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: May 11 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time