Support Professional, Training Solutions
Date: April 29, 2021
Position Title: Support Professional, Training Solutions
Position Number: 1135
Hours Per Week: 24 Hours/52 weeks
Salary Schedule: APSS- Level C, $16.42
Reports to: Customized Training Manager, Training Solutions Posting Close Date: May 13, 2021
This position serves as the Customized Training Support Professional (Enrollment and Billing) to the Training Solutions Department under the School of Workforce Development by providing support to various processes within the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide data entry for customized training students in College electronic systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Continuity).
- Maintain trainee records, student/organizational IDs, prepare training certificates.
- Create invoices, track and post revenue to the College systems for customized and Continuing Education.
- Maintain orderly files and accurate information for timely internal and external reporting.
- Assist with mailings and typing of memos and forms.
- Respond appropriately to and direct telephone or e-mail inquiries for internal and external customers.
- Produce monthly reporting for customized training, including quotes, contracts, class expenses and revenue and MNJTP company progress reports.
- Assist with the preparation of correspondences, documents, presentations and forms.
- Organize and maintain effective filing system.
- Responsible for depositing cash and checks, following College guidelines, weekly.
- Process all credit card payments for customized training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist in answering phones and guiding visitors.
- Coordinate work with other offices and departments and serve as back-up for M-TEC receptionist as determined by Customized Training Manager.
- Help arrange and prepare materials for meetings.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS Education:
- Associates Degree or comparable combination of relevant education and experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a business or educational setting.
- Basic bookkeeping and billing knowledge preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required.
- Willingness to learn PeopleSoft (CWIS), Continuity, and other electronic systems.
- Past history of dependability, excellent attendance, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated ability in customer service skills including effective communication and pleasant, helpful manner both in person and on telephone required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Ability to work with details and figures to produce accurate information.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving, trouble shooting and follow-up abilities.
- Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- Must possess skills to work effectively with people of diverse ages, ethnic, sexual and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must meet minimum standards of the Administrative Professional Support Staff testing process (testing components: ability to type a minimum of 45-50 words per minutes, proficiency in basic math, edit/format letter, data entry, as well as in Excel/spreadsheets) plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work including recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
The following competencies are essential and will be evaluated for our candidates through the evidence based selection process:
- Responsibility ● Information Skills ● Writing
- Teamwork ● Speaking ● Reasoning
- Adaptability ● Decisive ● Vision
- Listening ● Reading ● Leadership Skills
- Achievement ● Ingenuity ● Judgement & Decision Making
- Getting Information ● Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or ● Documenting/Recording Information
Subordinates ● Processing Information
- Interacting with Computers ● Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal ● Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
Relationship ● Performing Administrative Activities
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
● Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
● Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
● Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Other
METHOD OF APPLICATION
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.grcc.edu/jobs Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position. Submit a cover letter and resume in one document. The opportunity to apply for this position will close on May 13, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.