Student Services Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Perform the full-range of clerical duties in support of Student Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Perform a full-range of clerical duties in support of Student Services. Duties include answering correspondence, report preparation, processing a variety of documents, opening and distributing office mail as appropriate. Handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and makes decisions independently according to established guidelines.
- Process applications, contracts, student records and/or forms by verifying information, entering data into computer system, securing appropriate signatures, forwarding to other departments and/or agencies for processing, notifying students and/or employees of their status in the process of requesting additional information according to established policies and procedures.
- Assist students in the selection of appropriate programmatic courses including dates, times, and campuses, as guided by the student’s identification of a specific CAC program certificate or associates degree. Includes assistance in helping students declare the appropriate CAC program based upon the students’ stated vocational or academic goals.
- Collect, review and record receipt of documents needed for verification process and submit to district financial aid office. Receive incoming telephone calls for financial aid with regard to required documents for verification, award, and appeal status.
- Retrieve, receive, and compile data from several sources, compare information to verify its completeness and prepares informational and/or statistical reports detailing requisite data according to established guidelines. Organize and transmit information electronically to other agencies and/or departments for processing.
- Track and monitor department budget accounts, record expenditures, and prepare reports according to established procedures.
- Confer with supervisor to discuss work processes, plans, actions to be taken and appropriate work assignments/schedules for office, provides information, and receives instruction and guidance.
- Provide information and/or training in policies and procedures of the department. Work to resolve problem situations using independent judgment and decision making according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of applicable experience
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of specific processes, policies, and procedures of office management and workflow procedures to include effective management of workload, i.e. prioritizing, and organizing work.
- Knowledge and skill in various word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and integrated information software, systems, and associated hardware, e.g. personal computers.
- Skill in gathering, compiling, and presenting information in oral and/or written form.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions, and make independent decisions based on established guidelines.
- Skill in processing a variety of financial and non-financial transactions, verify accuracy, match against documentation, code to proper account, prepare necessary forms or reports, post transactions, and reconcile and retrieve information as needed.
SALARY: Entry salary is $15.64 - $16.58 per hour (Dependent upon experience)
DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work (if applicable)
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level of Background verification for this position is: Basic
The Office of Talent Development is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College prohibits discrimination in employment and educational programs based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.