Part-Time Photography Instructor, Continuing Education
Job Title: Part-Time Photography Instructor, Continuing Education
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226374
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Photography Instructor in the Professional and Continuing Education department on the Dahlonega campus. The photography instructor will teach non-credit courses that are designed for adult learners. The instructor must be fully trained in all aspects of photography and up-to-date on current photography trends. The instructor must be able to adapt to students with multiple skill levels within the class. The courses are designed to provide students with the necessary tools to master photography for both personal and professional use. Courses are 10 hours in length meeting for 2.5 hours each session. Daytime and Nighttime classes are available.Responsibilities
- Develops curriculum for the course including any supplemental material needed.
- Provides students the necessary tools needed to learn or enhance their photography skills.
- Provides a hands-on class environment allowing students of all skill levels the ability to gain new knowledge.
- Determines the interests of students in the class and provides instruction to fit those needs.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of photography courses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience as a professional photographer.
- Instructional experience preferred but not required.
- Cover letter
5/12/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.