Driver's Education Driver Instructor, Continuing Education
Job Title: Driver's Education Driver Instructor, Continuing Education
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226302
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Driver's Education Driver Instructor in the Professional and Continuing Education department on the Gainesville campus. The Driver's Education Driving Instructor will assist in developing students' driving skills and knowledge of driving responsibilities and road safety. The instructor will provide behind the wheel driving lessons to students with parents riding along. The position will also address student's specific needs, provide a safe and optimal learning environment and provide feedback to students and parents regarding student progress and goals. Instructors may need to drive with students who require special accommodations.Responsibilities
- Assess students' driving skills, knowledge, and/or abilities pertaining to driving for the purpose of providing feedback to students and parents.
- Instruct students with behind the wheel training for the purpose of developing driving skills and knowledge pertaining to rules of the road and defensive driving practices.
- Schedules and maintains students' driving dates and times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Driver's Education program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of GA State Driving rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of defensive driving and safety practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of car maintenance.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driving training experience required.
- Valid Georgia Driver's License.
- National Safety Council Defensive Driving Instructor Certificate or GA PSC Drivers Ed Endorsement.
- Cover letter
5/12/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.