Director for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Strategic Technology Initiatives
Job Title: Director for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Strategic Technology Initiatives
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226262
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Director for SAEM Strategic Technology Initiatives serves a key role as part of the Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Leadership Team with responsibility for advancing the contributions of the Division in meeting the goals of the UNG strategic plan through effective use of technology. The Director serves as the primary IT administrator for the Division with responsibility for collaboration between stakeholders and IT to identify needs, evaluate options, and ensure effective and efficient use of information technology that supports the work of the Division. The Director is provides Divisional oversight for data integrity, data governance, and compliance issues.
The Director is a member of the Student Affairs & Enrollment Management Leadership Team responsible for overseeing and maintaining systems purchased by the division, coordinating technology projects for the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, and working with UNG administration and department directors to improve current processes. The incumbent will work closely with administration to communicate systems’ status, provide innovative solutions to student success challenges, and create data reports. This individual will evaluate current division and department practices and data governance compliance to recommend methods of infusing and integrating technology to enhance student outcomes.
As new systems are acquired or change in processes are necessary, the incumbent will act as the primary project management officer and collaborate with stakeholders and IT to oversee successful completion of the project. This position will be expected to work closely with the IT staff and will be instrumental in advancing the contributions of the Division toward the University’s strategic plan. This position will maintain a close and effective working relationship with UNG’s Information Technology. This includes providing timely information about local area initiatives that will affect the division of Information Technology or university policies pertaining to technology, receiving training on applicable IT policies and procedures, and attending occasional meetings of technology staff representing all areas of UNG.Responsibilities
- Act as Senior Administrator for the enterprise-wide student engagement system and case management system. Responsible for maintaining the systems, including data integrity, data governance compliance, system audits, record retention, schedule compliance, updates, enhancements, building reports, routing rules, security permission structure, and daily administrative requests. Work collaboratively with IT staff to resolve Banner and system API issues and requests. Serve as the subject matter expert on Maxient and UNG Connect and oversee implementation, access, and training of all users within the Division and university-wide.
- Provide supervision to a full time staff member and 3 student assistants.
- Serve as the primary project management officer for new and change process technology implementation within the division of student affairs and enrollment management. Assess project needs, develop project plans, and coordinate with applicable department directors and administrators, IT, and any third-party companies to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Utilize technology in innovative ways to improve current processes, support strategic initiatives within the Division (Maxient, housing software programs, online housing contract, EverFi, UNG Connect, etc.), and identify additional opportunities for the Division to utilize student data to support and sustain student programs, intervention opportunities and retention efforts.
- Serve on University and division-wide committees as assigned. This includes the Data Governance & Compliance, Banner Committee, Student Technology Fee Committee, and other strategic technology-related committees.
- Serve as a liaison between Student Affairs and Information Technology and provide timely information about Division initiatives to Information Technology.
- Windows, Windows Server, Banner, Linux, Android OS, Microsoft Office, D2L, Google API, Java.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology required.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with information technology, software development, or other information distribution technologies (systems that have data intake, data storage, and output data; e.g., Slate, UNG Connect, Maxient, CampusLogic, etc.) are required.
- Graduate degree or graduate work preferred towards degree.
- ITIL training is Preferred
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
May 18, 2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Other Information
- This is a supervisory position.
- This role is considered a position of trust.