Assistant Postal Supervisor
Job Title: Assistant Postal Supervisor
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226520
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Postal Supervisor on the Dahlonega campus. The Assistant Postal Supervisor aids in sorting of letters and flats, as well as processing of parcels and is considered a back up driver for routes. When not on a route or sorting, the Assistant Supervisor performs account related tasks including checking the UPS invoices for accuracy and is in charge of managing the meter machine funding in coordination with our vendor and Accounts Payable. This is in addition to helping with petty cash management, reporting, and other projects in support of the Postal Supervisor. Assistant Supervisor also aids in serving customers at the window, running mail on our meter machine, and completing other clerical work using our mail system technology. Computer skills are a must. Customer Service skills are a must. Safe driving and a good driving record also a must.Responsibilities
- Account related tasks including meter machine funding.
- Reporting and Projects in support of the Postal Supervisor.
- Pick up mail from off campus, sorting of letters and flats, and processing of parcels.
- Running mail routes on and off campus.
- Running mail on our meter machine, and completing other clerical work using our mail system technology.
- Serving customers at the window.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer skills.
- Ability to operate computers and basic navigation of software.
- Ability to bend and twist, lift up to 50 lbs, carry up to 20lbs, repetitive use of hands/arms/legs.
- Pushing/pulling heavy carts, talking, hearing, sitting, standing, walking between 1 and 5 miles daily, eye/hand coordination, and reaching.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid Georgia driver's license.
- Cover letter
5/12/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references.