Self-Help - Customer Service Specialist and Welcome Center Receptionist
STUDENT INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIPAcademic Term/Year:
Summer - 2021Position Title:
Self-Help - Customer Service Specialist and Welcome Center ReceptionistPosting Number:
03354Student Job Category:
Student - Self-Help Campus JobNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Student Involvement and Leadership is currently seeking Customer Service Specialists/Welcome Center Receptionists to fulfill the following general roles and responsibilities:
• Administrator: Complete all necessary paperwork and forms, maintain logs, and complete tasks as required. Attend scheduled shifts and know the staff manual protocols.
• Customer Service: Acknowledge and greeting students, staff, faculty, and University guests. Know campus resources and departmental functions to work with faculty, staff, students, and guest of the University to connect each to resources as appropriate. Assist with navigating through campus. Keep the Supervisor informed. Help create a welcoming environment.
• Clerical Aid: Be able to file records, maintain records, and logs. Answer telephone calls and relay messages to the appropriate contact. Be able to operate common office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners, calculators, faxes, etc.
• Cash Handling for Welcome Center assistants: Be able to accurately count, receive, and give money related to transactions in the HSC Central Ticket Office ticketing system. Handle point of sale transactions and operate a cash register. Follow all established rules and procedures with regard to handling payment card information both in person and while processing mail and phone orders.
• Security: Provide for the safety of patrons during events, enforce facility policies and capacity, deter theft, and be knowledgeable of emergency evacuation and lock down procedures.
• Team Member: Attend all training sessions, support staff team and help when needed, maintain positive communication with staff and all SIL employees.
• University Representative: Serve as a positive role model. Serve the needs of students, staff, faculty, and University guests. Be mindful of social media tags/posts and represent SIL and ECU positively.
As a result of being a student employee within the Division of Student Affairs, students will have the opportunity to gain the following competencies based on NACE Top Ten Skills Employers Seek and CAS Learning Domains:
• Effective Communication
• Cash Handling
• Problem Solving/Effective Reasoning
• Conflict Resolution
• Technical Skills
Applicants should be enrolled as a student and be in good academic standing with East Carolina University, as well as with local, state, and federal laws. Additionally, candidates must possess a minimum cumulative GPA of a 2.00.Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please upload your cover letter, resume, list of 3 referencesQuick Link for Direct Access:
06/11/2021Open Until Filled: