Laundry Attendant, Graylyn International Conference Center
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-28
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Stocks linen closets; removes soiled linens from deposit areas; sorts linen daily.
- Loads and unloads all washer extractors in the manner prescribed by supervisor.
- Maintains chemical laundry products and ensures the proper dispensing of chemicals to the washer extractor.
- Operates the flatwork ironer.
- Cleans and disinfects laundry carts on daily basis.
- Follows safety regulations at all times; reports problems or malfunctions of laundry equipment to supervisor.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Completion of some high school diploma and six months experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures, cleaning instructions, and schedules.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Physical Requirements: medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds occasionally and/ or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. Subject to hazards.