10018305 Admissions Specialist I
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Admissions/Recruitment Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: The Admissions Specialist analyzes complex criteria to make decisions for academic admissibility. This position must demonstrate professionalism at all times, as a front-facing representation of the University.
- Serves students and family members with outstanding customer service
- Evaluate student files, to include test scores and other supporting documents, to determine admissibility to the institution
- Enter student data into the computerized database
- Communicate with potential students regarding admission and enrollment into the University
- Use multiple information systems to evaluate and process student files
- Maintain data integrity
- Collaborate with recruitment, advisement, and other internal entities to ensure seamless transition through the enrollment phases
- Provide campus tours to prospective students, as needed
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Previous customer service experience
- Technical aptitude and experience with databases and information systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and adhere to institutional, USG, and national policies, procedures, and best practices
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures
- Knowledge and skill in the use of the Banner database, imaging system, and CRM system
- Skill in the provision of customer service to applicants and students
- Skill in oral and written communication
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018305 Admissions Specialist I 4.27.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D