Director of Financial Aid
St. Petersburg, Florida
Director of Financial Aid
Eckerd College in the Gulf Coast city of St. Petersburg, Florida, seeks nominations and invites applications for the Director of Financial Aid who will serve as a member of the Division of Enrollment Management leadership team, under the direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Director of Financial Aid will assist in divisional strategic goal setting, and provide leadership and supervision to a small, but indomitable staff. In addition, the Director of Financial Aid will have the opportunity to consider how financial aid strategies can be maximized to fulfill the goals of the strategic plan being developed under the leadership of a new, visionary president. As a strong collaborator, the Director will be an effective partner with admissions and with all members of the Enrollment Management Team, which meets weekly and includes: Registrar, Bursar, Directors of Admission and Financial Aid, the Executive Director of Institutional Research and other cabinet-level leadership. This team is responsible for the continuous analysis and implementation of enrollment-related programs. The Director will be an effective spokesperson to students and families, providing service and customer care at the highest levels, and to the wider campus community, ensuring understanding and compliance within the complexity of federal and state regulations.
Eckerd College is seeking a high-level financial aid professional with a minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid, preferably at a private college or university. The successful candidate will be required to have earned a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree is preferred. In addition, the successful candidate will possess:
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Title IV financial aid programs as well as ability to quickly master state programs in Florida;
- An ability to think strategically about financial aid awarding processes and to balance institutional need with the needs of individual students from a variety of racial and socio-economically diverse populations;
- Oversight of equitable and inclusive policies, processes, communication, and customer service;
- Excellent administrative skills to manage, train and develop staff members;
- Precision and accuracy in all areas of regulatory compliance;
- Customer service orientation with a professional, friendly attitude;
- Technology skills that demonstrate nimble and clear understanding of data, research, and information systems and how they are best used in a financial aid office environment; direct experience with Banner and Slate is desired;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; adept at working with diverse populations;
- An open and honest communication style with outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- An inclination for innovation with a strong sense of actionable assessment, always with an eye toward improving and modernizing process and efficiencies;
- Strong belief in the growth and development of staff;
- An understanding that learning never stops; and an
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
To read the complete position announcement. Go to https://napiersearch.com/finaid-eckerd/
Napier Executive Search is assisting Eckerd College with this search. For more information or to nominate someone for the position, contact Robin Reynders ([email protected]) or Mary Napier ([email protected]) for a confidential conversation. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted electronically to [email protected] by June 1, 2021. Applications should consist of three documents in PDF format: (1) an in-depth cover letter that addresses the candidate’s qualifications and accomplishments in the areas identified in the position announcement, (2) a detailed résumé, and (3) a list of three professional references with titles, contact information and a sentence describing the nature of each professional relationship. References will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and permission. The selected candidate will be subject to standard financial and criminal background checks.
Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.
Apply for Director of Financial Aid
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly