Data Center Facilities Engineer 2
Data Center Facilities Engineer 2🔍Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Stanford, California, United States📁Facilities📅Apr 28, 2021 Post Date📅89344 Requisition #JOB PURPOSE:Perform facilities engineering responsibilities involving the planning, design, construction, modification, operation, maintenance, and utilities. May serve as project leader in area of expertise for a major group of ongoing, technically complex projects with large budgets and requiring substantial coordination.
- Monitor, report and respond to incidents that impact building infrastructure and associated systems for mission critical facilities. Systems include UPS’, PDUs, rack PDUs, DC power distribution, HVAC, air handling units and building monitoring/control systems.
- Develop, document, monitor, and analyze new and existing initiatives, such as site operating procedures
- Prepare technical plans and reviews, for maintenance and construction activities.
- Provide assessment, design, and technical recommendations; may include development and implementation.
- Develop and define scopes of work and estimates.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans on less complex activities.
- Plan, research, formulate, and prepare project analyses in area of expertise.
- Prepare, review, and analyze projects' technical plans and specifications for sound design, conformance with design guidelines and other related criteria, and pertinent codes or standards.
- Manage design activity or projects in area of expertise, and/or manage contractor activities.
- Represent department on specific project teams and review committees.
- Participate in department maintenance activities during normal business hours, after business hours, and weekends as needed.
Must have and maintain a valid California Drivers License.
Data Center or Facility Management related certification desired PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently sitting, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 11-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations.
- Required to participate on the department’s On-Call rotation schedule.
- Requires work after business hours and weekend work on occasion for maintenance and/or project related activities.
- Requires travel to multiple facilities as needed.
- May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
- May work at heights 4 - 10 ft.
- Normal working hours for this position is 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Temporary working hours due to COVID-19 for this position are 7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
- Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our work-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Stanford Main Campus
Schedule: Full-time permanent position upon completion of twelve (12) months probationary period
Job Code: 4352Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4352
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 89344