PromiseCorps will build the capacity of schools to support students and families through the following duties.Work with Community School Directors and teachers to conduct pre- and post- individual student assessments for those identified as at risk to be chronically absent.
- Develop an individual attendance plan for each student on caseload to support student achievement, which will be updated every 30 days to ensure that students’ needs are being met.
- Provide case management supports by linking students and families to interventions and partner programs and providing appropriate follow-up on referrals. Document all referrals in ProMIS as necessary and appropriate.
- Monitor student performance in programs and services through daily documentation of interactions with students and families.
- Help families to support student success by fostering a home environment that encourages student achievement through team home visits.
- Maintain and update all contacts, referrals, case management notes, and outcomes.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and grow through a professional development plan process and succeed within a results-oriented culture.
- A devotion and ability to build close relationships with scholars and their families, and to motivate them through positive interviewing, feedback, and reinforcement.
- Experience and proficiency with technology.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the cultural and internal barriers which may exist for low-income families to raising college-ready children.
- Strong commitment to belief and expectation that children growing up in West Baltimore can succeed academically.
- A passion for addressing issues of poverty, equity, and access.
- Highly motivated and innovative.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit: https://promiseheights.org/work-with-us.
Questions? Contact Jilian Krueger at [email protected]
Job: CI Exempt or Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Social Work
Job Posting: Apr 28, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing