Facilities Planner I
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Office of Real Estate, Planning and Space Management (REPSM) is expanding its team and currently recruiting for a Facilities Planner I. The University of Maryland, Baltimore encompasses a 71-acre health sciences and human services campus in downtown Baltimore. This urban University has matured over two centuries to 67 buildings across campus. The broader University community includes partner institutions, commercial and mixed-use retail, sports and entertainment venues, apartments, and neighboring historic residential neighborhoods The University's Facility Master Plan (https://www.umaryland.edu/media/umb/af/fmp/umb_facilitiesmasterplan_lowres.pdf) can provide you more information of what our team is involved in across campus.
- Field verification of existing physical conditions and uses of all buildings.
- Update AutoCAD drawings as needed to maintain an up to date campus floorplans.
- Assist with maintaining the online space inventory system (Archibus) made available to building managers and other operations staff on campus.
- Assess internal client needs by developing space planning alternatives and scope narratives for capital projects and renovations.
- Assist with providing space analyses and data regarding space assignments and utilization and make space utilization recommendations.
- Work with various building managers, designers, and project managers to address campus space needs.
- Coordinate the efforts of third-party contractors/vendors to ensure successful completion of internally managed design and construction projects.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports requiring detailed space data.
- Assist with creating building massing diagrams, sample floorplans, and other visuals to assist in space and campus planning initiatives.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.
Education: Associate's degree in architecture, interior design, planning, construction management, computer-aided drafting, or related field and four (4) years related experience, preferably in higher education or another large institutional setting.orBachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design, planning, construction management, computer-aided drafting, or related field and two (2) years related experience, preferably in higher education or another large institutional setting.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Working knowledge of AutoCad. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp. Working knowledge of Achibus software or the ability to learn Archibus within the first 6 months. Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel). Experience interpreting analytical data and providing detailed analyses. Knowledge of best practices in space management and facilities/space programming. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information. Verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Real Estate Planning and Space Management
Job Posting: Apr 27, 2021
Unposting Date: May 11, 2021, 10:59:00 PM