Senior Enterprise Applications Analyst
The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) has an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Enterprise Application Analyst for Student applications. This person will have the responsibility for helping with Ellucian Banner and Degree Works functional and technical areas including functional training/support, technical troubleshooting and reporting. The position requires an in-depth understanding of Banner (Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student, SSB, etc.) and Degree Works functionality, configuration options and processes. Duties will also include acting as a liaison between CITS and UMB Schools, monitoring critical business activities, troubleshooting and resolving issues and escalating complex matters to the appropriate functional or technical resources, or if necessary working with the Ellucian Action Line. The University of Maryland, Baltimore offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and 3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; professional learning and development opportunities; flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. Essential Functions: • Assist in the design, development, configuration and testing of Ellucian Banner and Degree Works applications for academic business functions.
• Assist in the implementation of these applications and configure the systems for new clients, programs and projects.
• Define and create reports, troubleshoot problems and assist in the development and enhancement across all aspects of these systems. The understanding of Banner and Degree Works table structure and SQL and/or PLSQL knowledge is beneficial.
• Act as a liaison between end users and the technical team(s) to address functional needs and issues, provide technical support, and recommend application enhancements and solutions to solve problems.
• Interact with customers and consultants to translate business requirements into technical specifications for conversions, reporting, interfaces, and customizations.
• Assist in providing training to end-users.
• Ensure data integrity within these systems as well as maintain appropriate documentation.
• Assist in the design and development of new business processes by applying knowledge of application functionality in conjunction with organizational needs.
• Create and execute test plans, evaluate results and document the implementation of new application features and functionality.
• Assist in establishing and maintaining application security for the campus community.
• Assist in managing the interactions and integrations of third party solutions with our Student Information Systems, including troubleshooting, problem solving and formulating solutions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Administration, Computer Engineering or a related field to enterprise application development and support.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience in working with Student Applications that required the use of ERP software packages (e.g. Ellucian Banner, Oracle/PeopleSoft, etc.). This may include working as a power user of an ERP/enterprise-wide application, or providing technical or functional support to users of ERP/enterprise-wide administrative systems. Experience with Ellucian Banner and/or Ellucian Degree Works, and various reporting tools preferred.
Other: Equivalent eight (8) years combination of formal information systems & enterprise application development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of Student Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications.
• Analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and integrate solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to come rapidly up to speed on large-scale mission-critical applications.
• Ability to understand Student application data and system processing flow as well as the impact it has on business operations.
• Ability to work with technical staff to troubleshoot development/production/integration issues.
• Ability to provide support to and work collaboratively with both functional and technical staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience. UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected].
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: CITS Operations
Job Posting: Apr 27, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing