Office of Student Life - Front Desk Coordinator (2021/2022)
Office of Student Life - Front Desk Coordinator (2021/2022)Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8AM-6PM and Friday 8AM-5PM.
Schedule is dependent on students’ availability and Federal Work Study award. Student employees will work an average of 6 to 11 hours per week. During the Fall semester and possibly Spring, students will work some hours from home and others in the office.Hiring Manager:
Jazmin Alvarez BarraganJob Description Summary:
• Plan and implement Office of Student Life events: open houses, holiday parties, and potlucks.
• Be part of one or more committees that focus on (a) sustainability efforts within the Office and campus, (b) diversity and inclusion efforts, © partnering with campus departments to increase community service, (d) assisting the Club and Organizations Coordinator, and/or (e) front desk liaison between ASULV/CAB and Student Life.
• Provide Office of Student Life visitors with information about events and other departments.
• Develop decorative items for student events on campus.
• Answer phone calls.
• Maintain Office of Student Life files and inventory of supplies.
• Attend monthly Office of Student Life meetings.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Assist Director and Associate Director in coordinating campus events, open houses, holiday parties, and potlucks 20%
• Participate in at least one committee within the Office of Student Life 25%
• Answer questions of students and other visitors 15%
• Create decorations and banners for various events and office space 10%
• Maintain Student Life files and inventory 10%
• Answer telephone calls 10%
• Attend monthly meetings 5%
• Assist ASULV and CAB with set-up and clean-up of events 5%
• Meet and maintain a 2.0 GPA for the semester and cumulative
• Positive attitude, outgoing, and friendly
• Some knowledge about programs and services offered at the University of La Verne
• Customer Service
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
05/28/2021Open Until Filled: