Research Project Director
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Project Director is responsible for coordinating the daily operations of research studies.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of the study on a day-to-day basis, interacting with investigators, consultants, board members, etc. to insure project timelines and goals are met
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, selecting, maintaining, and terminating study subjects for multiple protocols
- In conjunction with the protocol, monitor admission testing, assist with diagnostic procedures, and outpatient follow-up
- Collaborate with investigators in the development and coordination of all study collections measures and protocols
- Assist investigators with the interpretation of data collected and preparation of study reports
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing functioning of the study tracking systems
- Recruit, help select, supervise, and evaluate all project staff
- Prepare ongoing summary reports of various data sources, and collaborate with investigators on data presentation, interpretation, and the writing of manuscripts for publication and grant proposals
- Coordinate the schedules of consultants to meet project plans
- Supervise the coordination of relationships with affiliated research sites and coordinate meetings of the project committee
- Monitor overall expenses for the study and assist in the development of annual budgets
- Perform other job related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in a scientific or health care field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years of related experience
- 1 years of experience in the supervision of staff, project management, and budget development
- Experience with project development including development of protocols, forms, surveys, training materials, and evaluation procedures
- Demonstrated experience in data management and the use of computers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
Under the general direction of the Principle Investigator or designee
Research Project staff
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office and/or scientific laboratory environment, may work with hazardous materials and unpleasant odorsAdditional Information
- REDCap, eIRB, and experience with clinical research in acute care settings, like EDs and inpatient units.
- Strong need for organizational and planning skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong experience with project management, including creating and managing task-plans, timelines, and grant charts, and knowledge of how to use software to help provide cogent tracking and progress reports for projects.